A dear friend of mine sent me this survey, and I thought I would post it on here to let everyone in on it.
1. How long have you been a mom?
Six years and 2 weeks if you start when our oldest son was born. But I have been either pregnant or breastfeeding or BOTH for six years and 9 months.
2. How many kids call you mommy?
three boys and one girl
3. When you were pregnant did you know what you were having?
Solomon: yes; Isaac: yes; John: no; Miriam: wanted to, but couldn't tell
4. How old were you when you became a mommy? 22
5. How long were you in labor?
Solomon, Isaac: about 12 hours; John: about 8 hours; Miriam: 24 hours (but only a couple of hours of "hard labor")
6. What's your favorite thing about being a mommy?
Going to bed at night with all my children cuddled up around me and my husband. I could lie there for hours just listening to them breathe and thinking about them.
7. What's your least favorite thing?
Noise. Dirt. Messes. Errands. Spanking. Laundry.
8. Do you want more kids?
As many as I can.
9. Have you ever taken your kid(s) on a trip?
Yes, we like to travel a lot. The kids and I have been to Germany three times. Plus, we have moved half-way across the country twice, which was interesting (to say the least).
10. How many times have you been peed on?
I have three boys. Any questions?
11. How many times have you been thrown up on?
Not that many. Solomon threw up on Isaac once when he got sick in bed, and Isaac did not like that at all. It was kind of funny to see his reaction, though.
12. Is (are) your kid(s) named after someone?
Bible names. Miriam's middle name Elisabeth is after my mother.
13. When is the last time you had a sitter (daddies aren't sitters by the way)?
Years ago. We never leave our kids with anyone any more ever.
14. When your kid gets in trouble, who is the bad guy?
Either one of us.
16. One thing you will not give up just because you're a mom?
Some semblance of order and normalcy.
17. One thing you did give up now that you're a mom?
Any kind of personal time.
18. Favorite kid show?
Our kids have never watched TV.
19. Favorite Snack:
Kozy Shack rice pudding, fruit, string cheese, goldfish
20. When the kid(s) are napping, you are?
Napping, doing laundry, teaching Solomon and/or Isaac, cooking, or cleaning. Most days I do a little of all those.
21. Where is/are your kid(s) now?
All sound asleep. Ahhh...
22. If I could do it over, I'd do this differently:
Have had Solomon born at home and not have had him vaccinated.
23. Did you breastfeed or bottle?
Breastfeeding only. I never even buy any bottles or formula. When the kids start solids, I teach them how to drink from a regular cup or through a straw (water and juice only). The kids are weaned around 20 months or so.
24. What are your children's current obsessions?
They change daily. Legos are still a favorite with all of them. Solomon loves pretending to be different animals, Isaac pretends to be a fire fighter, and John loves to drag all his toys around with him wherever he goes.